If you are in need of a high protein healthy new snack than you have to check out Atlas protein bars! Let me be the first to say over the years I have tried probably tried every protein bar on the market. I use to eat Quest bars like they were going out of style but a few years back they changed their formulas and I no longer like their bars. So I was on the hunt for a new bar that fit my needs. Most protein bars either aren’t all that healthy or they taste very dry and chalky. I tried Atlas bars last October and I was totally hooked, these are the best bars I have tried. Atlas protein bars are truly taking over the market because they taste so good.
Atlas bars were around 200 to 220 calories depending on the flavor, 15 grams of protein, 3 grams of sugar (naturally sweetened with monk fruit) and 4-5 net carbs! You really couldn’t ask for a better protein bar. Atlas protein bars launched 3 new flavors last fall, mint chocolate chip, almond chocolate chip and peanut butter & raspberry. These bars not chalky at all and have so much flavor. Plus protein bars are great on those long busy work days and you can order them on directly or on Amazon!
Photography by Stacey Poterson
Cinco de Mayo is less than a week away and first of all I can think is where is did 2019 go and where can I get a deal on tacos! I have rounded up some fun Cinco de Mayo outfit inspiration plus local deals happening around the Scottsdale /Phoenix area!
This exact dress is from Charming Charlie at Desert Ridge Marketplace.
Now that you found an outfit here are local deals to check out!
Barrio Queen – Food and drink specials, including $4 tacos, $7 chips and guacamole, mix-and-match beer buckets (5 for $20).
Macayo Mexican Restaurants– Drink specials, $3 Dos XX Lager, $4 Fireball Shots, $5 Margarita de Macayo, 16 oz. Grande Size, $6 Beer & Shot Special, Dos XX Lager & Choice of Fireball or 1800 Reposado.
Hula’s Modern Tiki– Signature Lilikoi Margarita will be $6, from 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. After 6 p.m., treat yourself and a friend to 2-for-1 Lilikoi Margaritas with purchase of a starter or entree.
The Vig– Taco platters and pozole for $2 off and $3 Dos Equis.
Plus check out Blancos Tacos and Tequila, Loco Patron and Sandbar on Instagram to see specials they are offering. I hope you have a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo! Enjoy lots of tacos!
I did a 30 day no sugar challenge to start the new year off right. Giving up sugar was HARD! My sister showed me Sweet Defeat, and I was blown away on how well it worked! Sweet Defeat is a lozenge that tastes like a mint and you let dissolve on your tongue, then if you try and eat sugar you can’t taste the sugar! The formula blocks the sweet taste receptors on your tongue so you can’t taste sugar.
I carry Sweet Defeat everywhere I go! These are great for getting rid of sugar cravings or helping you eat in moderation. It will last about 20-30 minutes, so just long enough for the craving to pass. Try to wait to drink anything once you take the lozenge because the liquid will take off the film on your tongue. Don’t worry Sweet Defeat is only 5 plant-based, natural ingredients, gymnema, zinc, sorbitol, mint and spirulina extract!
Be sure to watch the full video to learn more about Sweet Defeat! I can’t say enough good things about this product.
Get your calendars out and block off February 28th to March 3rd because the 3 Day Fitness and Yoga Party is coming to Scottsdale, Arizona!
This event is the ultimate fitcation you need to attend. Spend 3 days at the beautiful Adeline hotel while enjoying all things fitness! Everything from guided yoga sessions, wellness workshops on nutrition and personal empowerment to overall networking with like-minded people.
This isn’t a conference where you are sitting inside all day listening to panels and speakers for 8 hours. This is a fitcation where you are up and moving around while connecting with other fitness enthusiast. Each morning you will start with a healthy chef prepared breakfast followed by a poolside yoga session. Then in the afternoons, you can choose between varies different fitness activities that fit your interests. Activities include a fitness crawl, paddleboard yoga or even a Super Circuit Obstacle Course. After all your fitness activities you will enjoy a nice healthy dinner followed by a fun sunset pool party. There will be over 40+ specialists at the event either speaking or guiding workouts, so there is something for everyone.
One thing I personally love is that every ticket includes 3 healthy chef-prepared meals per day! All the meals will be using the freshest local and organic ingredients and don’t worry they will have vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, paleo and pescatarian options. This is so great because now you don’t have to pack and lug around all your meals, you can just focus on the session, networking and enjoying your time. They also have different packages that do include food and drinks.
This 3-day yoga, fitness, fun, food empowerment event will be something you don’t want to miss! If you are interested in attending this one of a kind event click here for tickets. You can also use a discount code to save 10% – “Bella10”
I hope to see all there! Comment below if you are interested in going.
Going into the new year I’m sure you have lots of amazing goals that have something to do with health and fitness! As you may know, that diet is the most important part of any weight loss goal, but some habits are hard to break.
I personally love to snack all day long but that can add up to a lot of unwanted calories. The best way to succeed with your goals is to identify your habits and see if you can find a healthy substitution.
Today I’m sharing with you an amazing high protein snack that will keep you on track this year! Saffron Road chickpeas are packed with 6 grams of protein, vegan and come in lots of different flavors so you won’t get bored.
These Saffron Roads chickpeas can be eaten on their own as a snack or you can add a little extra protein to your salads or hummus. I personally love just eating them on their own and I love the wasabi flavor! The wasabi flavor is very spicy, I personally love that spice but if you don’t then go for the classic sea salt flavor. This snack has really helped me be able to snack throughout the day without satisfying my goals. I feel good about eating them since there are 6 grams of protein per serving and very filling. You can buy the bag or they also have individual packages that are great lunches.
Here is a list of all their flavors they sell on Amazon! As you can see these chickpeas are very healthy and a great addition to your meal plan. Plus you have to try their new flavor salted caramel, these are so tasty. There is a little less protein for the salted caramel but it’s great if you want something sweet. I also suggest measuring out the salted cameral ones so you are eating the correct serving size.
You can find Saffron Road products on Amazon, Safeway and a few other grocery stores depending on where you live, I suggest using the store locator on their website. Overall I can’t recommend these chickpeas enough!
Photography by Phuong Nguyen at PNK Fotography
The Saffron Road graciously sent me products to try, but as always, opinions expressed on Hibbs Life & Style are independent and comprehensive.
I put together some of my favorite fitness products that would a great gift to your friends and family members. All these products can also be found on Amazon which makes shopping super easy. These are all products I already use and love so I know you will love them too!
- Athleema Resistance Bands– These bands are amazing if you watch my YouTube videos you see me use these bands all the time! I have had them for over 3 years and they have not broken once! Resistance bands can provide a killer workout and they are great to travel with!
- Wake Up Waffles– Wake Up Waffles is a great way to start your day off right with 23 grams of protein per serving, gluten-free, and all you have to do is just add water! Also, they have 8 different flavors to choose from plus they have a keto and vegan mix.
- Athleema Jump Rope– This jump rope is great because it’s adjustable for all heights, lightweight and a great way to keep your heart rate up during all your workouts.
- 90 Degree By Reflex High Waisted Leggings– I love 90 Degree by Reflex clothes! They are great quality and affordable. They offer lots of different styles and colored leggings but my favorite is the high waisted tummy control leggings!
- Basic Workout Tanks– You can’t go wrong with a couple of solid color workout tanks. The material is very soft and great to workout in. I personally have blue and white tanks. If you get the white tank I would suggest sizing up so that it isn’t too sheer.
- Walden Farms Syrup– I definitely would suggest getting Walden Farms 0 zero calories if you want some delicious syrup for your waffles! I also will mix in Walden Farms into my oatmeal! You can also find Walden Farms at Sprouts or Fry’s.
- Saffron Road Organic Crunchy Chickpea’s– This is a great healthy and delicious snack to gift someone. These chickpeas come in 6 different flavors, are packed with 6 grams of protein per serving and have no artificial flavors or colors!
- The Good Chocolate– This chocolate has zero sugar, vegan and very low carb! This is a great healthy treat that will help anyone stay on track with their fitness goals. There are six flavors to choose but mint is my favorite!
*This article contains affiliate links*
A rapidly growing trend is athleisure style and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. The amazing thing about athleisure wear is that there is almost no wrong way to wear it because it’s all about comfort. Love this idea of style and comfort but not sure how to pull it off? Check out these easy style tips.
- Find your base item– This can be a simple black pair of leggings that you build upon by adding in a fun pop of color or playful prints. By having a base item this will make it easier to build an entire outfit.
- Mix and match with regular clothes– Don’t be afraid to mix and match regular clothes with your athleisure pieces. Throw on a jean jacket or a ball cap to pull the look together. If you are using your gym clothes to workout than run errands, then be sure to grab some regular clothes to pull your look into a trendy chic (instead of a sweaty gym rat).
- Accessorize– Beyond just leggings and tanks try to think how you can pull the whole look off. Easy go-to accessories are sunglasses, chunky purse or sporty watch will always do the trick.
- Go for style– It’s important to remember while athleisure is all about comfort you still want to put a little bit of time into planning your outfit. Don’t just throw old sweatpants and an old t-shirt. The goal is to still look put together but in a comfy way.
- Get some cool kicks– You want your outfit to look trendy from head to toe, so you can’t forget about shoes. Having some fun bright colored sneakers can really make your outfit pop or bring the whole outfit together. You will want to take care of your shoes and from time to time clean them off so they don’t look too worn in.
Photography by Jordan Hibbs Photography
I am a huge fan of meal prepping for the week but even I sometimes run out of the house without enough food. It’s better to eat something than not eating at all. If you don’t eat and skip meals you are more likely to binge later. My go-to snack right now is Starbucks yogurt parfaits with a black coffee. With 14 grams of protein, and a good source of a probiotic you can’t go wrong.
I understand not everyone drinks their coffee black so here are a few low-calorie drink options that are under 100 calories.
- Caffe latte- tall, non-fat milk
- Cinnamon dolce latte- skinny tall, non- fat milk
- Caramel macchiato- skinny, tall, non- fat milk
Have you tried Starbucks yogurt parfaits? What’s your favorite snack from Starbucks?
Photography by Jordan Hibbs Photography
Let me first start out by saying I am not competing for any bikini competition right now. I am about 7-10 pounds up from my competition weight, which is totally natural. Right now I want to slim down just a little bit but the thought of going back on a diet and saying no to happy hour just doesn’t sound appealing. With these 4 tips not only have I been able to lose a little weight but I have also started creating a healthy relationship with food. I hope these tips will help you as they have helped me 🙂
1. Drink lots of water throughout the day. When your dehydrated your body can think it’s hungry and those end up being wasted calories. If you aren’t a big fan of water try a club soda, or add lemon to your water.
2. Find easy swaps for your favorite foods. You don’t have to give up for favorite foods, just find healthy swaps. Almost every food has some sort of healthy swap here are a few of my favorite swaps.
- Sour cream »»»» plain greek yogurt
- French fries »»»» air popped popcorn
- Mayo »»»» Mustard
- Maple syrup »»»» Walden farms zero calorie syrup
- Wine »»»» Fit Vine Wine or Skinnygirl wine
3. You have to get moving! I encourage you to try weight lifting but I understand that isn’t for everyone. Find what you enjoy, this can be a group fitness class, swimming, hiking etc. Also in your everyday activity, park in the back of the lot, take the stairs at work or take the dog on an extra walk. You will burn more calories and distract you from food. I have been using a Fitbit for 3 years now and LOVE it! My goal is to get 10,000 steps every day even on rest days. It’s a great way to keep track!
4. The biggest key to losing weight is to be in a calorie deficit. Calories in versus calories out (burned). This is good because once you know your maintenance level of calories you need to consume then you can add in the foods you already love. You can achieve this by eating less, burning more calories or a combination of both. This is similar to macro counting. As always I suggest still adding in proteins, healthy fats and veggies etc but this way you can also still enjoy the foods you love without binging! All foods are okay in moderation.
Tell me what your favorite food swaps are?
Sports Bra: Exact
Photography by Jordan Hibbs Photography
Be sure to watch the youtube video to see the full upper body workout. So when I’m on my period I crave sugar, which is odd for me because I’m more a carbs person. Anway I tried these low-calorie ice cream bars from Enlightened and they are hands down amazing!
The bars range from 80 to 100 calories depending on which flavor you get, I opt for coffee most times but I have also tried the mint chip and caramel! No matter what flavor you pick you can’t go wrong. For me, this is a guilt-free treat that curves my sugar cravings just enough without breaking my meal plan. Comment below and let me know if you have tried these bars and which flavor is your favorite!